Low Budget Gaming Monitor

Mikey82

Reputable
May 23, 2014
I have a ~$300 budget for a gaming monitor. I don’t expect to be playing above 60 fps and prefer a small monitor with good color quality. Looking through the forum seems to point me towards me a low latency IPS panel, please correct if I am wrong. I've looked at the monitors for similar posts, but the actual reviews almost always indicate ghosting in shooters which I mostly play.

I’m interested at:

Acer H6 Series H226HQLbid

Can anyone recommend it?

DrSteveBrule

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
The thing about IPS panels is that they look great over TN panels, BUT because the technology is so new, they have higher latency and ghosting can occur more often. If ghosting is really going to bother you (which I totally get--I hate it too) then I think you should compromise quality and get a TN panel. You say you won't be running above 60 FPS, but with a budget of $300, it's kind of hard NOT to recommend this to you...
http://bit.ly/1p5BhbI
I know that you won't be able to take advantage of the 144Hz now, but IMO I would rather buy that now if I have a budget of 300 instead of a non-fully featured monitor, and then when I do have a PC capable of 120+ FPS, I regret that I didn't go for what I could have. It's an ASUS monitor (so, a great brand) it'll look great too, and because of the response time won't have any ghosting issues what so ever.