Gpu help please

RagedAPE

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Hey Community
Going to upgrade my GPU very soon and wondering which GPU to get, im being careful as i have heard that bf 4 needs 3GB vram to play and i guess that most of the games in the future will get more graphically intense, now i will be doing 1080p gaming on 1 monitor.

Build so far
i5 2500k 3.30ghz not overclock stocked fan.
8gb ram 1 stick.
mobo = P8Z77-V LX2
1tb HD
Carbide Series® 500R Mid-Tower Case
500w rubbish brand not sure but its not very good

Need to/going to Upgrade PSU and wondering which wattage will be needed and also with a view to adding a second GPU of the same type in the very late future to keep up with future future games.

cards i am looking at are
Sapphire Technology AMD Radeon R9 290 1000MHz 4GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI Tri-X OC
Sapphire TOXIC R9 280X Graphics card - 3 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler Graphics card - 2 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM

So will 2gbvram be outdated now i really do not know and it is quite scary as i am investing a lot of money in this new gpu so im being cautious and seeking professional advice, also which psu would you recommend and also maybe which cpu fan recommend.

Thanks for time of reading my post and would love to see some detailed answers to settle my mind on my purchases, i apologize now for my bad grammar in case you are reading this and cringing ^^

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
Hey,

at the current state of the market I think the best investment is to buy a R9 290. It's the fastest of the lot you have listed and you can find it on teh same price as a GTX 770. If I were you I would go for the R9 290.

About a PSU if you are really planing on adding a second card in the future then you should probably get a 800 W - 850 W PSU just to be on the safe side.