It Turns Out My PC Has Started Freezing...

Watwazat

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014
Hey, everyone.

A couple of weeks ago I thought my monitor was becoming unresponsive after it had gone to sleep. Every now and then after the monitor itself had gone to sleep (not the entire PC), it wouldn't wake when I moved the mouse. I tried turning the monitor itself on and off but it didn't help. I confirmed that the mouse and keyboard were both set to be able to wake the PC.

Initially I thought this was a sign that my graphics card was going, but now I'm thinking it's my PC freezing... It happened earlier today and instead of using the reset button on the front panel to reboot, I tried to sleep the entire PC by hitting WinKey > Left > Left > Enter; nothing happened. When I hit the reset button, it took about 15 seconds to shut down and restart, which I realized it's been doing whenever this happens. Normally it reboots almost instantly when I use that button.

Is this something I should be worried about? This started happening recently, and happens a couple times each week. I hope it's not my SSD or my Motherboard... :(