Tom's Hardware App Not Working

zcoot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Not exactly sure where this thread should go, I will start here.

Hello,

So nearly a week ago I found that my Tom's Hardware news feed application would endlessly try downloading new articles. So I tried a forced power down on the iphone and changing the source from America to Europe, neither of these attempts worked.

I have checked that I have had a internet connection via wi-fi whenever I tried troubleshooting.

I am planning on reinstalling the app to my iphone to see if that helps.

I just hope they haven't stopped supporting the app as it is my way of reaching the articles due to the lack of processing power on my iphone.

Specs:
Iphone 3G (8 GB) - I don't need to upgrade.
iOS 4.2.1
Final release of app for iOS.

So I am really asking if anyone can offer solutions to the problem or information regarding the future of the app.

Yours sincerely, Zcoot.

Solution
I was not aware that we had an app for iOS. Perhaps there may be an issue with your RSS feed app on iOS and the Tom's news infinite news feature? Are others reporting a similar problem elsewhere with the same app?

-JP

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
I was not aware that we had an app for iOS. Perhaps there may be an issue with your RSS feed app on iOS and the Tom's news infinite news feature? Are others reporting a similar problem elsewhere with the same app?

-JP

Solution

zcoot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
It appears my iphone randomly fixed up this morning. The only thing I was going to do was set auto-lock to never and let it just load while I made breakfast. As soon as I started the app, it corrected the fault and displayed the latest articles.

Thanks for the response though.

Yours sincerely, Zcoot.