1360x768 vs 1920x1080 Monitor

Marcus97

Reputable
May 26, 2014
I was just wondering if it is worth buying a new full hd monitor as at the moment i use a hd ready tv as my monitor, with its native resolution being 1360x768. Is the change from that to full hd worth it or not really a big deal? I spend most of my time on my pc gaming, general web browsing and the small bit of programming here and there.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I dont know thats a personal preference i would buy one for gaming but your not going to notice a mind blowing difference. So the only thing i would say is that if you take your gaming seriously you want a 1080p monitor or better. But again you may be dissapointed at how little the difference between 768p and 1080p really is.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

He is wrong if i need to bust out some proof on how hard it is for the human eye to distinguish the difference between 720p and 1080p i will.

Marcus97

Reputable
May 26, 2014

Even though there will most likely be a fairly significant drop in fps throughout most games, would the extra pixels be worth the drop?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

What is your graphics card?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

And dont expect a very noticeable diffrence because there isent the quality of the monitor such as hetz and contrast ratio matter more that how many pixels it has.

Marcus97

Reputable
May 26, 2014

Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz Edition

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

It may lower the frame rate some just turn down AA or something if it gets too low.

Marcus97

Reputable
May 26, 2014

Ok, so are you saying that it would be worth the switch then, and that it depends on your gpu? (side note: I would then be running my hdtv as a secondary monitor)

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

I would switch yah but please dont expect a "very noticeable" difference like the other guy said or you will be disappointed.

oczdude8

Distinguished
You are right, it is a matter of opinion. If you really don't care about quality, and don't really see the "flaws" in many things, you will probably not notice anything.

if you can, go to the store like best buy, and look at some 1080p monitors and compare them lower res ones. (you may have a tough time finding low res monitors nowadays. You can always check out laptops.)

TRENDING THREADS