HELP with my LGA 2011 Build

jamessy8691

Reputable
May 26, 2014
hello,

I am currently doing a new build based on an LGA 2011 cpu..... below is a list of parts I am looking to get.

my parts are:

Cpu i7 4930K
MB asus x79 Deluxe
RAM crucial ballistix tactical LP 1.35v 32 gb [4x8gb]
PSU evga supernova 850G2 80+plus gold
Cooler Noctua nh-d14 se 2011
graphics EVGA 2gb gtx760 with ACX
CASE CM Storm trooper
OS drive Samsung evo 500gb SSD
extra drives are various seagates 2TB sata

I will not be doing any overclocking of any kind just want it to run stock which hopefully will give it some more stability and longevity.... Am not very familiar with liquid cooling hence the Noctua and storm trooper case. Hopefully that combination will do a good job of cooling the system. Am not looking at doing SLI also. so basically it's just a "boring" setup....

I would like to hear what you guys think would be potential problems I might encounter with my setup..... I do plan to run windows 8 64 bit.... am not really sure if I will go 8.1 as I am concerned with drivers... have a win 8 laptop and it works great hence the choice.

looking forward to hearing your opinions.....

thanks

James

jamessy8691

Reputable
May 26, 2014
just completed my build as stated in my previous posted that nobody cared to give an opinion about.... I must say that time I spent on research on learning which part will suit my needs was time well spent... My build went flawlessly well. Booted up the first time and been running good ever since..... CPU temp is at 36C room ambient is about 29 to 30C I guess this is pretty good as it is air cooled.

owismail

Reputable
May 31, 2014
32GB RAM is a big overkill, 16GB is far enough, you should have only buy 16gb RAM and buy a more powerful GPU like the gtx 770. But i'm too late now, still a good built, cpu temps are good. Congrats :)

jamessy8691

Reputable
May 26, 2014

32gb might seem much. computer will be used mainly for photoshop and premiere pro. as for the video card I did skimp a bit... really wanted an NVidia quadro but it was out of my budget.....

thanks for the comment