Sign in with
Your question
Solved

WTB: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz T7600 2 Gb DDR2 667MHz Hard drive 7200 SATA (1T would be great)

Last response: in Deals
May 27, 2014 6:21:52 AM

WTB: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz T7600
2 Gb DDR2 667MHz
Hard drive 7200 SATA (1T would be great)

Anyone ready to free up space and get rid of these? I'm upgrading my iMac from the Core 2 Duo 2.16 to this so that it's 64bit instead of 32bit. I can get everything for $135 with free shipping if no one has a better deal but I was hoping a kind soul had parts waiting for a home. TIA!

Best solution

a c 190 à CPUs
a b å Intel
May 27, 2014 6:39:23 AM

What CPU does it have currently? Because the T7400 2.16 GHz chip is perfectly capable of running 64-bit software.

I doubt you could do the upgrade if the motherboard was old enough to only come with a 32b chip.
May 27, 2014 8:11:30 AM

Someone Somewhere said:
What CPU does it have currently? Because the T7400 2.16 GHz chip is perfectly capable of running 64-bit software.

I doubt you could do the upgrade if the motherboard was old enough to only come with a 32b chip.

Here are the specs on the iMac I have. I wasn't able to find anything that would let me fix the issues it has without upgrading. People have successfully upgraded with the 2.33 T7600 and say that it's the best I can do with this computer. It simply won't let me update a lot of stuff including iTunes, not that that's such a big deal but it's everything else it won't update. The monitor also goes black even though the computer is on. The only fix for this is to shut it down with the power button and restart it. I think this is a memory issue. From what I've read, I can upgrade to 3 Gb of RAM (currently have 2).
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-c...
m
l
Related resources
a c 190 à CPUs
a b å Intel
May 27, 2014 8:21:34 AM

That says it's a 64-bit chip already.

I suspect you need to use a newer OS. I'm guessing that came with 10.5 or 10.6, both of which are unsupported now.

New RAM might do it, but I suspect you've got failing capacitors.
m
l
May 27, 2014 2:23:29 PM

Someone Somewhere said:

The 32-bit EFI that Apple so graciously provided seems to be a brick wall in upgrading. It's not worth the time and effort of doing a hackintosh workaround that doesn't even work properly. It looks like I'm SOL for now. Since I just bought my boys gaming computers (one is building his) my funding is probably cut off. Thanks for trying to help!
m
l
a c 190 à CPUs
a b å Intel
May 27, 2014 11:18:01 PM

BIOS update?

Sorry; I haven't done much with early intel macs.
m
l
June 2, 2014 5:05:05 AM

Someone Somewhere said:
BIOS update?

Sorry; I haven't done much with early intel macs.

Well, it doesn't have BIOS but it does have EFI. An upgrade would fix all of my problems but Apple won't release an update for the 32-bit EFI. I'm going to try installing Fedora or something and find a workaround for the EFI. Since the processor is 64-bit I should be able to do anything if I can just get it loaded. I think. :-) I'll post if I figure anything out just for future reference for others that may have the same issue.
m
l
June 18, 2014 12:40:52 PM

wow.. i cant believe theres actually people buying older rig stuff, awesome :D , anyways i got a duo core 2.3 or 2.6 i forget I would have to unsocket/clean it to see , let me know.

also have memory as well. not sure on speeds will check that
m
l
June 18, 2014 4:16:04 PM

I'm not going to mess with it. I can't fix the problem with an upgrade so there's no point; I'm done with Apple computers. Thank you for the offer, though! I would have deleted this post except that I haven't figured out how to do so. People are buying these still and the specific one I was looking for isn't cheap. It may be worth it to see what you have and what they're selling for.
m
l
June 19, 2014 9:06:46 AM

ah, thanks for the tip going to make a sale thread some time in the next few days and you can stop by and see if anything works for you :)  probably going to undercut everyones prices just to get rid of the older stuff, thanks for the tip and gl
m
l
June 21, 2014 3:46:43 AM

I have 2x1gb of corsair DDR2 memory, it is 667 or 800mhz. You interested? PM me if you are
m
l
!