AMD processors and MSI 770 C-45

ah_adel93

Reputable
May 27, 2014
what is the best processor i can get that would fit on a MSI 770 C-45 ? and is AMD FX-6300 good for gaming ? if so , would it fit on the mentioned motherboard ?

Brunostako

Honorable
Well, the FX-6300 is a good CPU for gaming, but that motherboard is not compatible with it.
The MSI MoBo you mention has an AM3 socket and the FX-6300 is for AM3+ socket. The easiest way to distinguish AM3 from AM3+ is the color, AM3 is white and AM3+ is black.

Your MoBo is a bit old. If you're going to update your PC, you're limited to Phenom II.

Saludos desde México.

ah_adel93

Reputable
May 27, 2014
is Gigabyte Socket AM3+ - AMD 760G - GA-78LMT-S2P Motherboard a good one ? it supports AM3+ , but i don't know whether it is good for gaming or not

Brunostako

Honorable
If you want to go with the AM3+ platform, go with the 970 chipset at least. That's the lower AM3+ luanch chipset, also with the 990X and 990FX for high performance. If you don't plan to overclock, you can use the lower one.

Are you building a new system from zero? Or you already have some parts?
Tell me so I can recommend hardware to you. The AM3+ platform is a dead one, you should go with the FM2+ from AMD or LGA1150 from Intel, depending on your budget.

Saludos desde México.

ah_adel93

Reputable
May 27, 2014
my pc specs :
Mobo : MSI 770 C-45
CPU : Athon II x2
vga: ati hd 6670
ram : 6gb ,
i was thinking about getting a new processor , but then i discovered that i'd need a new MoBo as well to support a new processor , and i can only afford something like the AMD Fx-6300 or an intel core i3 , so what do you suggest ?
Thanks in advance

logainofhades

Titan
I would go with an i3 4130 or 4150, depending on your location and availability. In the US. they are less than $1 different in price right now. If you can afford to, pair it with an H97 motherboard, so you have support for Broadwell later.

Brunostako

Honorable
For Watch Dogs you will need a quite powerful system. The HD6670 you have won't let you play it, not even at 720p. My recommendations are:

- First things first, you must change your GPU. I recommend the nVidia GTX750, because Watch Dogs is a nVidia optimized game, so you will have less performance issues. And it is actually a quite powerful GPU for its price and it will let play many games in high resolutions. But now you need a new and stronger CPU. For gaming GPU is more important, but your GPU and CPU must have "the same speed". If you use a Celeron single core with a GTX780Ti, the Celeron will bottleneck the 780Ti and it won't perform as it should.

- If you don't want to change your AM3 platform, seek for a Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (it should be cheaper now).

- If you want to upgrade to AM3+, look for a MoBo with the 970 chipset (as I told you and those MoBos are cheap) and buy a FX-4300 (the FX-6300 is not useful unless you have a more powerful GPU).

- If you want to upgrade to FM2+ (which is the cheapest and it's the newest platform from AMD), look for a MoBo with the A78 chipset and buy a Athlon X4 760K or 750K (both are cheap and perform better than the Phenom I mentioned).

- If you want to upgrade to Intel LGA 1150 (this is the newest platform from Intel), look for a MoBo with the B85 chipset and buy a Core i3-4130. That CPU is the strongest of all i mentioned, but it's also the most expensive (not by much).

Saludos desde México

ah_adel93

Reputable
May 27, 2014
ummmm , so what do u think? i should get a higher GPU card and stay with the same CPU and maybe i can get the Phenom II X4 ? or just buy a new MoBo intel LGA 1150 and Core i3 ?

TRENDING THREADS