SLI 780ti and 4k displays; Is AA needed?

Jack4l

Reputable
May 27, 2014
Sooner or later I'm going to be ordering my parts for super enthusiast build and plan on getting sli 780ti and a nice 4k display, specifically the ASUS PB287Q. What I wanted to know is will I get the same quality of AA on a 4k display without actually enabling AA in a game?

enemy1g

Honorable
Usually the higher in resolution you go, the less AA you'll need. Granted, games will still probably look -slightly- better with AA at 4K, I don't see it as being necessary. AA isn't really even needed ~1440p. Maybe a little bit, but it doesn't hurt to have it off.

Jack4l

Reputable
May 27, 2014
If I had known something like that during my last build.. I could've bought a higher resolution monitor and skimped a bit more on my graphics card

enemy1g

Honorable
It all comes down to personal preference really. Some people still prefer to play with AA on, no matter the resolution. I recently switched from a 1080p monitor to a 1440p, and it's absolutely gorgeous. I've tried with AA and without, both look great. Granted, I've yet to try 4K res, which I assume will be phenomenal. But I'm probably gonna put off goin with 4K until my 780s need to be replaced.

TRENDING THREADS