Upgrade for 2 year old Gaming Rig

wutangwindu

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Hello All,

Trying upgrade my Gaming Rig. Here is what I have: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q2Gscf

Any ideas of the most efficient way to upgrade? I am considering a higher res monitor and better hard drive. What will I need to push those extra pixels? Any help would be much appreciated.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Hard to improve on an IVY Bridge i7 and a pair of GTX 670s. Guess the only thing left it to replace those cards with a pair of GTX 780 Ti cards. But why not try the new monitor with what you have? The improvement with the pair of 780 Ti's won't be worth the co$t, IMO.

wutangwindu

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
I have 1080P and 120hz packed into 23.1 inches. I was trying to get some advice on what number I should look to increase, if at all. Is 120hz much better then 60hz? Is a higher resolution screen worth it? 27" vs 24". Ill take any and all opinions.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It all depends on how good your vision is. I for one would have trouble with anything higher than 1080p on a 24" display... no matter the vert refresh rate. If you are going to put mire pixels on the screen, you might as well take advantage of the bigger display. The pair of 670s will be sufficient for higher than 1080p and still have good framerates and frametimes.