2nd monitor won't work when using a GPU

Doicraft

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
Alright so I've gotten everything on my computer working except for my monitor so I'm pretty anxious to get it working. I have an Asus GTX 760 card and it's displaying to one monitor just fine. It's not really a monitor but actually a 41 inch TV that I'm using as my monitor. I bought another 19 inch monitor that I'm absolutely sure works. I have the TV plugged into my card using an HDMI cable and I'm using a DVI cable with a VGA adapter (Or D-SUB, whatever the hell it is. I've used the adapter on here before and it worked.) to the 19 inch. The monitor works fine whenever I use my onboard but for some reason it just won't work with graphics cards. I've used the AMD Radeon 7700 as well and this monitor wouldn't work on it either. Unfortunately, the monitor only has a VGA port so I can't really use any other cables. Of course the GPU doesn't have a VGA output (I wish it did). The monitor is a Viewsonic VA1938WA-LED ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116523 ).

GPU: Asus GTX 760
Monitor: Viewsonic VA1938WA-LED

My GPU drivers are installed correctly. I reinstalled them today and also I can play games that require drivers. All help is appreciated!

Solution
Well since the images would scale horribly I am guessing this isn't for stereoscopic gaming and more for multi tasking.

With that in mind I would say run the 19" with the integrated graphics. You can run one monitor with the dedicated graphics card, and another with integrated on board graphics. I have two systems set up in my house right now doing this for me and my brother.

Honestly if you can do this it is preferable. Using them both on the same graphics card will pull a small amount of performance away from the games so your FPS may drop a few. While using it with integrated offers a much lower performance hit thanks to the use of the other graphics chip.

If you have integrated graphics in this system, I would say its definitely...
Well since the images would scale horribly I am guessing this isn't for stereoscopic gaming and more for multi tasking.

With that in mind I would say run the 19" with the integrated graphics. You can run one monitor with the dedicated graphics card, and another with integrated on board graphics. I have two systems set up in my house right now doing this for me and my brother.

Honestly if you can do this it is preferable. Using them both on the same graphics card will pull a small amount of performance away from the games so your FPS may drop a few. While using it with integrated offers a much lower performance hit thanks to the use of the other graphics chip.

If you have integrated graphics in this system, I would say its definitely the best option.

Solution

Doicraft

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013

I'm surprised that this didn't even come to mind.. Wow, thank you. It worked :D