Graphics display problem: Radeon HD 6670

somertonlord

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Hi guys, i've recently encountered a problem when starting up my Windows 7 computer.

The screen goes mostly black, and the outline of the desktop shows in small coloured dots.

I can also provide photos to further explain it.

I don't know why this is happening, i thought it was my graphics card, but when I plugged it to my living room TV, it looked fine,

but when i plug it to my Monitor, It doesn't show properly, and i know it's not the monitor, because i've switched to intergrated graphics for the time being and it's showing just fine.

I don't know what the problem is, because when I switch on the computer, everything is fine, up to the 'Welcome' screen.

The only difference when I plugged my TV and when I plugged my Monitor is that my Monitor only supports DVI, and I used HDMI for my TV, but if the Graphics card is corrupted, should this matter?

Everything was working fine yesterday, this is quite a mystery to me. :??:

My Graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6670.

If anybody knows what's wrong, can you help me please?

Regards

UPDATE:

here are the Photos

http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/Somertonlord/library/Graphics%20Display%20Problem

Solution
Is it possible that the DVI connector you are using is damaged? If it worked fine on the TV which uses hdmi, that could possibly be the problem. As for it being fine until it actually boots to desktop has me confused. That detail makes it seem like a driver problem. If you have another DVI connector around try that. Let me know how that goes.

tater5761

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Is it possible that the DVI connector you are using is damaged? If it worked fine on the TV which uses hdmi, that could possibly be the problem. As for it being fine until it actually boots to desktop has me confused. That detail makes it seem like a driver problem. If you have another DVI connector around try that. Let me know how that goes.

Solution