Asus Radeon HD 7770 Driver Update Caused Black Border

Adelphius

Reputable
May 31, 2014
So recently I decided to try to update my display drivers for my Asus Radeon HD 7770 Graphics card in hopes that it would fix some problems I was having. After I finished the update and rebooted there was a black border around my screen.

I have dual monitors, one monitors (the one with the black border) resolution is 1920x1080 and is connected via HTMI and the others is 1680x1050 and is connected via DVI. Only the monitor with the resolution of 1920x1080 has the black border not the second one.

I have also done a lot of research on how to fix this and the most common solution seemed to be to change the overscan settings but I do not have the normal Catalyst Control Center i have something called AMD Vision Engine Control Center and when I open that and go the the display settings the only option is HydraVision which does not seem to have any options to help me.

And one last thing, it seems like the image might be a bit fuzzy or blurry but that might just be a result of the smaller image.

If there are any questions just ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Update 1: Also, I did check my physical monitors settings and it is set to full and not overscan.
Update 2: - OS is Windows 7 64-Bit
Update 3: I woul rather not roll back the drivers as they were starting to cause problems too.

Adelphius

Reputable
May 31, 2014

Thats what im thinking but the settings for overscan are not there anymore for whatever reason.
Yes i did install the correct drivers.
And I know now what HydraVision is now but that is the only thing under the display settings in my control center

Adelphius

Reputable
May 31, 2014

Thats not working either. I even tried just disconnecting the second monitor and there was still a border around the 1080p monitor.

Adelphius

Reputable
May 31, 2014

Although thats not working, When i set the resolution of the 1080p monitor to 1680x1050 I lose the border justs its distorted do to the incorrect resolution.

Adelphius

Reputable
May 31, 2014

Well i never used to have this problem, I dont see why i would now. And why would it be that even when i disconnect my second monitor the problem still proceeds?

Adelphius

Reputable
May 31, 2014

I do not have ccc I have AMD Vision Engine Control Center and it does not seem to have all the options that it should, it only has hydra in the display section of the settings.