Im going to build a pc this summer, specifications in description. Any suggestions?

Klxxguitarxx

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
My budget is going to be around $1600 Canadian, including peripherals. I made a parts list but its priced in american. I'm hoping there will be some sales during the summer, full build should be complete by the middle of august. Must have a i5 4670k, r9 290 and a modular 750w or greater PSU. I want the build to be fairly small so its going to be a micro atx build with the 350d case, Which is why I want a modular PSU because its going to be a tight fit. I also want to stick to one color threw out the build, The theme was black for the parts list I made. Might throw some blue and/or purple LEDs in there as well to make it look funky. Should I make any changes? My budget is fairly flexible I should add, I just don't want to go crazy (Even though its already a considerably crazy build to the average person).

Parts list v1: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yv466h

All you have to do is change the country at the top to Canada, or add "ca." to the front of your link

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/yv466h

Now it's an $1800 build without the keyboard/mouse as they don't have them in the Canada, so add on another almost $100 if you want something comparible, so $1900.

Sucks being in Canada. That's why I went AMD. When I built mine 6 months ago, I got an 8320 for the price of an i3. Intel is really higher here compared to AMD.

Klxxguitarxx

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014

I can order it from the us still, I live right by the boarder and have a friend in the us that can receive it for me. And it is available on amazon Canada so I can still order it anyway. As for the amd thing, I total agree, I love amd. But the one thing where the 8320 and 8350 sucks at is Per-core performance. I play all kinds of games including MMOs and Indies. Both those genres of games don't use more than 4 cores, Like at all. So I want to go intel for that reason. But I will be purchasing the CPU, GPU, and motherboard last so depending on how much the other parts cost me I might go for the 8320 to save a few bucks. My budget is flexible So I will spend the extra 100$ to get what I want, I will be hunting for sales to so I might still be able to stay close to the budget range.