here my specks
amd phenom 2 x6 1100t black
adata ddr3 1600 2x2gb
his 6870 turbo
asus m4a87td evo/amd 870/ddr3
120mm liquid cooler
850 watt psu
wd 1tb sata2
whats sata 2 can i get a better HD with out going ssd?
i know very little on pc's, it 3 years old .
game started freezing with vertical lines and then black screen on start up!
safe mode works, tried some blk screen fixes and shell fix, it worked for a bit.
figured out in safe mode / device manager i can uninstall or disable hd 6870 and windows starts
i uninstalled ccc and updated to 14.0 still don't work. on my hdrive there was a amd file and a ati / support folders with some files in them. i put them in the bin before updating ccc, was one of these for the mobo?
now i uninstalled ccc 14 and theres 2 files named amd ones in program files they have different items in them.
heres the ones in P.G. files amdkmpfd.ssz
i got a evga 750 ti on the way to replace and need assistance to switch out the amd or do a full r restore with the new gpu

riderjay253

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
i got the amd driver uninstaller 1.0.10 it says warning will uninstall chipset etc. so i cancelled
also i looked in my recycle bin and the ati folder and files are gone just the amd ones remain, is it ok to delete the amd folders and the one in program files

riderjay253

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
also it says when uninstalling ccc you must restart to finish. i cant restart because it black screens, i have to restar again useing the button on the case enter safe mode -device manager uninstall again then start windows normally, when i do it updates drivers from windows update and if i restart it black screens again , so i have to run safe mode each time to get to windows and ccc wont access in safe mode or delete

riderjay253

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
yes im following instructions on the amd site to uninstall but they have no options for if your gpu isnt working or if you have bsod, i also noticed i have nvidia phyx in my add/ remove should i leave it
do i need to install any drivers before installing the new card
i hope it will play crysis 2 my 6870 would but when the alien ships lazer beam would come down it would lag and id be killed

I found another forum discussion about the AMD DRIVER uninstaller that you used.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1821066/clean-driver-install.html

Apparently you aren't the only one who has removed motherboard drivers with that AMD driver uninstaller.

For future use, I think that I would use that AMD uninstaller as a last resort. This driver uninstaller utility (below?) seems to be the most popular one. It is actively being updated (a plus). It is called "DDU" or "Display Driver Uninstaller".

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download,2.html

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18539433

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v12-8-1-released-05-21-14-/

riderjay253

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
so i got the new card today, i uninstalled the hd 6870 in device manager again shut down and installed the new card it is working fine but where do i see clock settings and fan speed and temp, all i can find is geforce experience which seems to not do anything with my card accept check for driver updates
so the amd card was bad and not just a driver issue i have gone through 3 of them in the past back when i played quake 3 i kept the fan high too with afterburner on this one there just dont last long i think

riderjay253

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
the booklet reccomend updateing the bios first i didnt do this because my mobo wasnt listed on evga's updater,

riderjay253

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
also its supposed to have a 6 pin pci connector i cant find it or know if i should use it hopefully i got the right card the supperclocked one from evga

riderjay253

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
i found the control panel under search, and it shows i have the right card! it don't show temp so should i get msi or hw monitor i had msi and deleted it on the switch out. i noted it didnt all delete. witch one is better or uses less ram

still cant find where to hook up power, instuctions are like 3 pages of basic how to unstall the standerd card .not this evga one. i want to get another one if its a good idea or build another system i want to use the 750ti for video movies to save power, could i have 2 and only run one when watching or have a stronger card in the same system and switch to it for games only would be nice

riderjay253

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
opps people were putting there reviews in the wrong psu review, only the dual fan model needs extra power from a 6 pin
evga has oc scanner for clocking and precision x for monitoring, although it sounds like they both do some of the same things and i wont overclock a already over clocked card,im dling them to see which one controls the fan and has temp, it lets you control and monitor in game too so no alt tab needed

also this card does exhaust the hot air in the case and out the back for sli the dual fan model may be better

I had assumed you had one of the models that required a 6-pin power cable. There are only a couple of 750Ti cards that require additional power.

No, HWmonitor is just for monitoring of temperatures, RPM, voltages , ect.