High End PC ... Low End Performance

Arun5inghp

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Hi Guys,
Ever since i built my PC i have been having lots of minor issues prior to performance.

SPECS:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k @4.4ghz
GPU: AMD MSI R9 290
SSD: SANDISK 128GB
HDD : TOSHIBA 2TB HDD
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS MAXIMUS IV HERO
RAM : CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2x4GB 1866Mhz
COOLING : Corsair H100i water-cooler

The problem mostly occurs when i am playing games or watching online videos.
When i play BF4 at ultra my average fps is 45 and always lag when the sever has a 10 ping.
Youtube videos come out very at sunning quality but noticeable lag when watching.
It is also very slow at booting up ever since i got it and the animation windows 7 boot animation is normal speed but runs with a slight jitter. Lastly when i overclocked it i could only get 4.4Ghz @ 1.4V Without getting Blue screen of death.

-I have updated my bios
-Ran multiple Malware scans
-re-installed all the drivers
-Used ccleaner to clean my computer
-Also got new parts because thought it was faulty at start but problems still occur
-Also ran 3Dmark 11 ans this as the result
http://imgur.com/SNuJnla

If you could help me it would be much appreciated,
Kind regards

s4in7

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014
Have you tried swapping in another video card to test whether or not it's the card or slot?

Also, did you have another video card installed previously before the 290? If so, download Display Driver Uninstaller, uninstall all video drivers from Programs and Features and reboot into safe mode. Run Display Driver Uninstaller "Clean and Restart".

Install latest beta drivers from AMD and see if there's any change.

you got to think with steam in fairness to all who paid for there [steams] game and to play on ''there'' server if your $2000 200FPS computer is on the server with my $200 30fps computer you will get cut down to my speed so it will be fair for me to play [opinion]

Arun5inghp

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
OK so this us weird ... I went to my friends house and when I went on his PC it was faster than mine yet he has a i3, 4gb of 1600Mhz ram , and Intel on board graphics ... Its more fluid , plus it plays YouTube videos faster ... His is a HP and I built mine so I don't get what I've done wrong

6R1M01R3

Distinguished
My build is quite similar to yours, and I am experiencing low performance and slow boot times after I OC'd the i7. Reset to defaults clocks, reset to optimized defaults in BIOS, clear cmos and try another overclocking.
Also, 1.4v core is way too high for everyday use and just getting a x44. For what I've read, you shouldn't use more than 1.3v core for a x45. If you need a 1.4v core for only x44, you'd need a custom water cooling to keep that chip from roasting x_x

Arun5inghp

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Do you think that also my monitor could have an impact because when I hook it up to my ps3 I notice lag and when hooking up to TV its smooth

Arun5inghp

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Thanks dude but my cooler was quite expensive ... Do you mind telling me your specs and what fps you get in games if thats not too much

6R1M01R3

Distinguished

My build is the following:
Intel i7 4770k CPU /w Cooler Master Seidon 240M CLC
ASUS Maximus VI Hero Motherboard
EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX Cooling 2gb GPU
Samsung 840 SSD 120gbs/WD Black HDD 1tb
Cooler Master M2 720w Silent Pro PSU
Thermaltake Urban s31 Chassis /w CM Jetflo 120 fans.

I'd get 40+ FPS in Farcry 3 with ultra settings, but after the OC locked in only 30 FPS.

Arun5inghp

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Thanks downloading farcry 3 now and il tell you what fps i get

Arun5inghp

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

dude i tried farcry 3 i get a constant 60fps but when i overclock i have to Overclock my CPU at 4.4ghz @ 1.4 core voltage an ive been told thats too high ANY HELP

6R1M01R3

Distinguished

It's indeed too high for only 4.4Ghz, for haswell the max you should be using is 1.3vcore to not cut considerably the lifespan of the chip. If you need that much vcore to get it stable, proly isnt a winner chip and should settle for a lower clock speed with a top of 1.3vcore. Undo the overlocking and run stock settings loading the optimized defaults in BIOS, keep it like that a couple of days so you can tell if there is a difference in performance with apps that arent affected by having a higher clock speed than default for a 4770k, like youtube and the OS boot. If it goes well, the OC was unstable, if some issues persist, at least you can troubleshoot the cause without having the stability of the system compromised. The overclocking with the 4-way optimization app in the AI III suite is not a beast but it gives a nice OC that is very stable.

Arun5inghp

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Alright i am running stock and cpu-z is saying that the corev is 1.25v... will updating the bios helf OCing the chip because i checked my bios and it is still not updated

Arun5inghp

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Hey tradesman, my dram runs @ 1866Mhz on 1.65v ... i havent updated bios yet ,my psu is a xfx 750watt and my internet is 25mbps wireless

Thanks for thate mate ill see if this helps .... ermm yea so dude i tried his method and i got bsod ... my stock cpu runs at 1.25volts :D

Arun5inghp

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Why do you think my CPU overclocks at such a high voltage and is it bad having too much volts on a cpu even if it runs cool,

Arun5inghp

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Oh right so is 1.4v standard for a 4.5ghz overclock?

6R1M01R3

Distinguished

Not really, because the most you want to use up to 4.5Ghz is only 1.3v. 1.4vcore is only worth for reaching 4.8Ghz or more as it greatly reduces the lifespan of the chip due to microchannel corrosion and temps.

Vellinious

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Every chip is different...that's why it's called the silicon lottery. Before overclocking, you need to set a baseline. Lower the volts with stock clocks until it won't run stable any longer, then move it back up to where it was stable. Then increase the multiplier by 1 and try again. Rinse and repeat, raising voltage when needed until you obtain the desired clock, OR, reach the thermal threshold for your cooling.

You can't compare what one chip does, and say, "you should never run 1.4v"....because that's categorically untrue.

6R1M01R3

Distinguished

His chip was requiring a lot of squeeze for little juice. Using 1.4vcore for clock speeds below 4.4Ghz was absolutely not worth it. Expert overclockers will also avoid the usage of 1.4vcore unless they want to reach clock speeds of 4.7Ghz+, even so they will try to use 1.3v-ish. I would still say never run 1.4v or more while someone gave information that stated the chip was average or below average in overclocking capabilities and that most obviosuly, didnt count with a custom high-end water cooling to deal with the thermals.