High temps i7 3770k with aio water coolers

crash822

Reputable
Jun 2, 2014
I've been having issues with my 3770k for the past few months. Using Intel DZ77GA-70K mainboard and Corsair 500R case. Ambient temp in the room is around 25C. I'm running stock settings in bios. My temps during basic web surfing range from 33C to 42C which are very close to what they run at idle. Running prime 95 shoots my temps up to high 80's low 90's. I have tried this with the corsair h100i and recently the enermax liqtech 240 both with the same results. The stock intel cooler runs in the same temperature range which is what I find weird.

I've been using artic mx-4 paste without any luck and have tried reseating the cpu block multiple times, applied only a rice sized dab of paste, pea sized, and spreading it out manually all with similar results.

I'm at a loss at what could be causing this. Below are SS of my system idle and under load. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Idle
3Zyb2YW.jpg
P4Z9RAM.jpg
g4Fv6xF.jpg

Load
O53fmig.jpg
oPcTp0t.jpg
1l7ymCa.jpg

crash822

Reputable
Jun 2, 2014

I have it tightened as much as I can. The block is on the cpu solid and doesn't move at all. The reason I swapped the h100i out for the enermax was because I thought the mounting bracket wasn't creating a good seal on the cpu.

crash822

Reputable
Jun 2, 2014
So I just realized I'm a complete idiot today. I decided to take pic of my cpu and block to show the spread of my paste as well as to add a little more than I normally do. When I looked at my block a little closer I saw a clear plastic tab sticking off of it. It was at this moment that I remembered that it stated that there was a plastic cover on the block in the instructions and to remove it. Can't believe I did it. Below are quick pics of my system not even turning the fans on to 100% while the cpu is under 100% load with prime 95

ZbQ7Rcf.jpg

giSQOYY.jpg

E9pdOuz.jpg

TRENDING THREADS