Shipping a pc across the UK

smudge14

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Hello

I just took a new job on the other side of the Irish sea.

My custom built pc is my pride and joy. What is the safest (and yes cheapest) way to get it across? I know the best way is to put it in a car and put the car on a ferry, but that's not really an option.

Atm my plan is pretty much, take it apart, put the main bits in my hand luggage, hope the tower doesn't get smashed and buy a new monitor when I get to England.

Is it safe to trust someone like DHL to just take it over?

I would very much appreciate any help

Thanks!

Oh and sorry if this is in the wrong area

Solution
I would not ship a PC anywhere without either, removing all the heavy parts inside, like a GPU and CPU cooler. Ship them seperate or reinforce the insides with insulation foam board cut and inserted to fit and to put pressure on hardware from top and bottom. Foam pellets or peanuts or bubble wrap is not enough to keep things stable on the inside. Do not EVER trust ANY shipping company to keep your PC upright or to be careful with it. They wont.
I would not ship a PC anywhere without either, removing all the heavy parts inside, like a GPU and CPU cooler. Ship them seperate or reinforce the insides with insulation foam board cut and inserted to fit and to put pressure on hardware from top and bottom. Foam pellets or peanuts or bubble wrap is not enough to keep things stable on the inside. Do not EVER trust ANY shipping company to keep your PC upright or to be careful with it. They wont.

Solution