Need streaming/remote gaming advice

cpr016

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I only have access to my gaming PC on the weekends, and that is torture considering I love gaming but can't get into any good games. Just to clarify, this means I have NO access to my home network Lan besides programs like Hamachi. I have a Macbook(Yes, i know) but I have successfully set up remote desktop and Wake on lan from my Macbook to the PC. It all works well enough. However, the gaming is awful because of my 5Mb/s internet and low quality. I have tried Steam In-Home gaming over hamachi, splashtop(over hamachi), Teamviewer, default screen sharing, VNC remote desktop, and multiple others but I really don't think i am going to get anywhere with remote desktop. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do for an alternative? I was hoping for something like On-live, but for myself?(If that is possible)

Remote connections are bad for anything video intensive, even over a fast connection. Depending on the model MAC you have, you can just install Windows using Parallels or something and play on that, although probably on lower quality.

cpr016

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Yeah I realize remote connection is bad. However, my mac is pretty bad and won't handle much more than Minecraft. Installing windows is not an option, so the only option I am looking at now is carrying my desktop & monitor between households twice a week, which isn't practical at all... I would be willing to attempt most ideas if you have any