Watch Dogs Sells 4 Million in One Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
I got this game from Nvidia... Honestly it is a meh... It can't compete with GTA5... And this is probably why they delayed it until now... If they released it at the original date (Nov 2013), sure it will get buried by GTA5 (released on Sept 2013).

dstarr3

Distinguished
I feel like this game is going to go the way of Just Cause. The first game was... interesting, but generally kind of average and forgettable. But the second game is the one where they forget about restraint, do whatever the hell they want with the mechanics they created, and wind up with an incredibly fun masterpiece.

If there ever is a Watch Dogs 2, I imagine it'll be hilariously great fun.

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
This game is great for eye candy and mechanics(some mechanics) but in some ways the game lacks common sense. To me the developers seemed too focused on the hacking aspect that they forgot some of the most basic things. Every game needs a good mix of everything and Watch Dogs seems to miss that. I will say this is a great game however it has it's downfalls which hit hard. The story seems rushed, Everyone has a huge backstory but this was never revealed. The death of significant characters like Iraq and Lucky Quinn made it look like I was killing an NPC, I felt nothing from their deaths because of how the game portrayed their deaths. Aiden seems like someone with a huge back story but we only get to see a little bit of it.

G

This game is great for eye candy and mechanics(some mechanics) but in some ways the game lacks common sense. To me the developers seemed too focused on the hacking aspect that they forgot some of the most basic things. Every game needs a good mix of everything and Watch Dogs seems to miss that. I will say this is a great game however it has it's downfalls which hit hard. The story seems rushed, Everyone has a huge backstory but this was never revealed. The death of significant characters like Iraq and Lucky Quinn made it look like I was killing an NPC, I felt nothing from their deaths because of how the game portrayed their deaths. Aiden seems like someone with a huge back story but we only get to see a little bit of it.

Eye candy? I have to disagree, this game looks like BF3, maybe not even that, average at most. And it has terrible physics.

T-Bag

Reputable
May 4, 2014
Server issues that prevented players from logging in to play the game or receive their exclusive content and poor PC optimization didn't stop gamers from snapping up copies of the game.
That's because of people like me who pre-ordered the game way before the complaints surfaced, but yeah, people might scrap the idea of buying this game now because of these issues.

I don't get why so many people hate the game? The launch issues and the hype of a game out of this world destroyed the opinion of many people. It's still arguably one of the better games of the year. I enjoy it a lot and I've not discovered any issues so far. Optimization is also way better than people are claiming it is. High/ultra is no issue with a GTX 670 and an i5-3570.

Stimpack

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
It's not a particularly great looking game. The gameplay itself was somewhat mediocre and repetitive, and the story was nothing to write home about. While I wouldn't say it deserves the sales, I would say it's better than Assassin's Creed.

roger smith

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
@Avus watchdogs "can't compete" in exactly which way?

@lostgamer_03 gta fan boys and people that just don't "get it" like people that don't wallrun in titanfall and blame the game design for their failure.

the watch dogs sales figures reflect its cross-platform release. (release gtapc alongside consoles rockstar!)
im not really going to comment on the quality of the campaign because well, lets face it, no open-world games do that well. (yes including gta)

my problems with watchdogs are mostly with the port-like un-thought out, poor quality mouse/keyboard implementation. i would have liked rear-view mirrors/vehicle instrumentation. when your weapon is holstered, the ads key should act as a "look around key" and maybe in watch dogs 2 it would be nice to shoot from vehicles; maybe with vehicle handling penalty and limited angles. i would like an immersion mode (first person only with limited overlay; most hud elements can be conveyed with 3d models) the different difficulty settings should not reflect vehicle/player damage but: enemy numbers/accuracy/tactical awareness (including getting hacked and finding you to some extent); police presence, police aggression and on the "realism" mode; make vehicular homicide, running red lights, destruction of property, brandishing firearms in public all bring the heat, also too few and far between, police intervention when having a huge gun-battle. there should be different models of smartphones. mil-spec waterproof (can swim with it), flagship powerhouse (more capable than the other 2), and the burner (cheap to replace). i also am not a fan of carrying a massive arsenal at all times; a couple concealable firearms and projectiles would be fine. long guns should be "stash-able. (trunks and dumpsters, exc) aidens arsenal should be in the form of duffel bags he can leave stashed across the city in secure locations (his apartment, hiding spots)

all that being said, great game ubisoft!

G

True, I think that people who say that it's extremely bad optimized downloaded the cracked version with bitcoin mining malware ;)

I've found most games to be far more enjoyable if I don't touch them at all until a few months after release. Bugs and whatever else tend to hinder the immersion. I almost bought it the day after release on Steam but decided to wait. I figure the story isn't going anywhere, and its easy enough to avoid youtube (spoilers).

r1Master

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
I know it is a different kind of game but I think if Battlefield 4 was solid... and not as screwed up as it is... they would not have sold as many copies of Watch Dogs. People get bored and fed up with one monster game, and move on... JMO (just my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS