My opinion on Watch Dogs(spoiler alert)

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
So as you all know Watch Dogs has released. I of course pre-ordered it due to Ubisofts great advertisement and I give credit to them. However after having 49 hours on the game here is my input.

Firstly the game is beautiful, remarkable in every way. I would liked that Physx was implemented in the game it may have helped bring out the immersion more. It may not be optimized superbly but its alot better than UBisoft's previous release, AC4:BF. The physics are great but not superb. The lack of police cars in the daily community as-well as policement bothered me. Their hostility even for the slightest crime annoyed me even furthur. The fact that they sent a helicopter after me for saving a civilian from a psychopath is just uncalled for. Some side missions seem, unrewarding and the exclusive missions also seem unrewarding, like I would've been better off buying it after the release.

The story is in my opinion too short, alot of the key characters like Iraq and Lucky Quinn felt like general NPCs to me. The game hardly presented them and so I learned only the basics of them, nothing of their past lives and when they died, it felt as if though I just killed a random civilian. Aiden seemed lifeless and quickly bore me as a protagonist. I knew nothing about him only that his niece was murdered and he seeked revenge which turned out to be unfulfilling to me. I wanted to know exactly who Aiden was, how did he get into hacking much like how did Edward from BF learn the assassin's skills. The beginning of the story was hype but slowly lost that as it progressed. The character Defalt hacked the Bunker, Aiden quickly killed him. From there on I never knew who Defalt was or why he hacked the Bunker, once again the lack of character back story bothers me. They also seemed eager to kill Clara as her death looked almost played out.

Multiplayer seems fun at times but it lacks some things. Online free roam is a clear example. There's nothing to do but wreak havoc and explore what you already seen. I expected side missions and so on much like GTA V but maybe I was expecting too much.

All in all Watch Dogs is a good game to play but not the game you should be intrigued in.
7/10 bananers

Timball760

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I agree. It was like they developed it on PC for E3 and ported it to console. Then they ported it back with the downgraded textures, models and driving mechanics (which only kinda work well with a controller). I expected more from a game with a 70 million dollar budget and 5 years of development. Ubisoft definitely over-hyped this one.

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
watchdogs is like assassins creed just re-branded with a different skin, its utter rubbish all the money has been spent on advertising none on game play the cars handle like the horse riding in AC and the storyline is weak and boring, if your a fan of the AC series there is a chance you will like it but to be honest i was under the impression i was buying a different game not a re-hash of AC so have been left very disappointed

Almost 90% reviews i read on Steam have GTA in the back of their heads. GTA is influencing the Watch Dogs review when its a completely different game. I liked Assassin Creed 1. It lacked gameplay but it introduced the concept and engine and such a large platforming scope. They fixed the gameplay in AC 2. And Assassin's Creed was one of those games where i didn't feel the keyboard and mouse difficult to use.

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
what annoys me about the reviews is not the comparison to GTA but how they say its such a demanding game on hardware which makes it sound like there is amazing graphics of some sort which couldn't be further from the truth there really is no improvement of graphics from the last AC (and watch dogs could seriously just be called AC hackers) which in my opinion wasn't exceptional, it would be much better for them to say its a terribly bad coded game that doesn't run well except for on apu's

edit: on saying that I haven't had some of the issues ive seen reported about stutter while driving, ive had very annoyingly dark night sky flashing light blue and back

That is what you get when you make a multi-multi-platform game. It is hard to optimize on 5 platforms no matter how many employees you have. And then Ubisoft boasts 4 million sales in a week when its available on every platform. Atleast Batman Arkham Knight is true next gen only and made by Rocksteady not Arkham Origins' WB