Buy counter strike go or wait for a sale?

spartanfrenzy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hey guys i know this is a debatable question but all my friends are playing and i was gonna wait for a sale. Know i am starting to doubt the sale and thinking about just buying. What do you guys think?

Dburnsx

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Counter-Strike: Source has been out for many years now, and the price has not dropped lower than the $15.00 it still sits at now.

Counter-Strike: GO has dropped down to this inexpensive price as well, and will probably stay there for a long time.

For 15$ I think it would be better to just buy it.

Also, if there is going to be a sale on it, chances are it will be in a more expensive bundle pack that just happens to include GO as a part of the bundle purchase.

Discontinuum

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014

Just out of curiosity, how did you miss the Steam Summer Sale?
That aside, I wouldn't buy the game for the full price, I mean, there are a lot of sales throughout the year, including the big two during Christmas and Summer. On top of that, you get daily, midweek and weekend sales, which are totally random. I mean, the game isn't put up at a high price at all, but why buy it at a higher price if patience can get you a cheaper game?

Oh, also, if you have any spare Steam gifts or something, try checking out Steam trading forums and getting someone to trade your spare games for CS:GO.