Best gaming headset with good audio and comfort. Astro or something else?

Shiggy

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
What is the best gaming headset that offers excellent audio and comfort?

I am looking to purchase a gaming headset.

What I'm thinking is Astro A40s as once the headset worn out I can swap its place with a different headset and still use the Astro amplifier. Astro brand has both positive and negative feedback and I've heard too much of both sides.

However there are others who mention to just buy a headphone+amp+microphone combo. This may be excellent in quality, but it's not like I'm aiming for the best of the best. Just something that can play good quality sound with comfort. This combo(for me) would cost too much money. I never actually planned it out, but would probably go over $500.

I'm also up for Astro amp+headset combo. If taking this route my choice for headset is the Sennheiser U 320. Only problem is that there are far too little review on the Sennheiser u 320 which leaves me with frustration.

Anyways, apart from what I'm thinking if you have recommendation or experience with headsets that has good audio+comfort I would very much appreciate it.

As far as comfort level, I own Turtle Beach X11 and those are slightly tight where I get the strong urge to take off my headset after keeping them on for over 10 minutes. I'm dreaming for a headset where I can leave them on for hours and still feel no pain.

For PC+Xbox 360.

klye

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

Astro A50 for sure... but mine were like $300, I should of got a pair of mad catz off ebay for $125...

Shiggy

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Thank you for the reply. I've done more research since my last post and I might just stick with the Sennheiser U 320. It's apparently comfortable for bigger heads and, I've got a big head lol.