Whick 4k monitor to get? (updated my question)

Havo_k

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
I'm in the process of getting a 4k monitor. I just don't know whats the best bang for my bucks.
My budget is about $800 (lets keep it under 900).

Im looking at the asus pbz78q but if there is a monitor better than this for any reason I'll like to know. If any new monitors are coming in the near future that will be good , you could let me know to wait for them if possible.

Thank you (you may also suggest something out of my budget if its another 100 or 200 more).

For gaming use mostly and occasionally for watching a movie.

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

This information is needed, as for montiors there are highly colar accurate ones, and there are faster response time ones. For under $1000 your going to have to pick which way you want to go. For $1500-2500 you can get both.

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Very true, lcd ips panel would be the best way to go, 120hz models are great for gaming but samsung looks good, i always favor the asus panels.

4K for gaming alone leads to gorgeous gaming, i wont deny that, but you'll need sli 780ti's or crossfired 290x's to give anything decent.
Lag will be an issue, especially for fps or racing games

1440p monitors (3k) have gone a long way, and several are actually very decent gaming monitors
Not sure which ones exactly but i know asus has several gaming monitors that are 3k.

For your budget, your going to be well off just getting a decent sized 120hz model.
I love 4k (edit 4k footage for side job), and its amazingly beautiful, but its really not good for gaming, plus when your fast paced gaming you dont even get time to enjoy the goodies.

Havo_k

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

I have a single GTX titan black card (6gb) with i7 3770 (and 16gb ram). I just want about 40fps on games on 4k in ultra hopefulyl but high will suffice.

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
benzq also makes some decent budget higher rest screens. the samsung and Asus would be better though. dell also has a few nice screens, but are more professional, with most effort put in color accuracy regards not speed.

but Asus has just announced several new models, one claiming 'best for budget', no pricing released, but wont be available until late q3 or q4