Monitor randomly loses signal

Armond2193

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
Hi, I'm having a problem with my monitor signal. Every now and then, it'll lose signal and I have to restart my PC to get the signal back. It seems to happen whenever there are slight/sudden vibrations in the ground when somebody steps into the room with a heavy step for example but that seems a bit petty to me...

I figured the cable could be loose but I have tightened it quite securely so I'm not sure why this is happening. The same thing happened with my old monitor and I have had my new monitor for about 4 days.

When the monitor loses signal, I can still hear everything going on if I was watching a video or something but I can't see anything and the power button doesn't seem to do anything so I have to press the restart button on the front of my pc... :(

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

EastSierra117

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
Hey man i have the same problem and just tried to fix it by going into control panel(windows 7)>all control panel items>system,then on the left hand side i clicked "advanced system settings" then click " start up and recovery settings" and on "system failure i un-ticked the box with "automatically restart" i don't know if this works as i just tried it...its worked so far for me but i have only been using it for 25-30 minutes now