Best Graphics Cards For The Money: January 2012 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see the comments finally down to a newer date:) Thanks for clearing it up. I know a lot of people will be glad that this has been archived (me included). Hopefully we will get the comments archived each quarter that we get the latest Best Graphics Cards for the Money.

Durandul

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
The new comment thing is a welcome addition. That being said, AMD has brought back the board I see :)
Always been an NVIDIA guy myself, but that R9 290 is awfully tempting for the price.

¨¨The GeForce GTX 770 delivers such compelling frame rates that we find it hard to recommend multi-card configurations¨... you dont recommend gtx 770 anymore ;)

[edit by Don:] Thanks fillipi, fixed! [/edit]

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
While a Titan, 780, or 780 Ti would have been nice, Im pretty happy with my GTX 770 I picked up a couple months ago for less than $300. It is a pretty decent upgrade over my old 560 Ti 448.

vertexx

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
It's a great time to be in the market for a GPU. I find it amazing that two high end cards, the R9 280x and R9 290, have the best price/performance. I have to wonder if AMD is making money on these cards or is NVidia really trying to gouge the market. AMD may have an oversupply from trying to react to the mining craze, now that those cards are no longer viable for mining.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Fermi, the last priced competitive Nvidia card. -.- Seriously Kepler has never been good in price/performance overall. Pretty much a lot of them get beaten by Radeon on price/performance.

I like the old comment wipe, please make this a regular wipe everytime the article update. :)

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Fermi, the last priced competitive Nvidia card. -.- Seriously Kepler has never been good in price/performance overall. Pretty much a lot of them get beaten by Radeon on price/performance.

They had their moments. At launch, the GTX 680 beat the HD 7970 in price/performance, and the GTX 670 held the £300/$400 dollar segment supreme for quite a while as well.

obababoy

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
I have been with NVIDIA since I upgraded from my Sapphire 3870 crossfire setup back in 2007, but that XFX r9 290X DD for $4** on Tiger Direct is VERY temping. I was waiting for a GTX 8** or price drop on 780ti because I do have the ASUS 3d monitor, but that is dying anyways.
The 780ti has been appealing to me because of thermals and noise(I am running a SFF pc now) but the XFX has been pretty solid. decisions decisions.

I'm glad that the GTX750Ti received the honorable mention for its low power use. Just as the HD7750 deserved recognition, nVidia's most powerful card that doesn't need a PCIe power cable does too, so here's something for those eager to howl about bias to put in their pipes and smoke it. I don't [yet] have one, but as far as parts I'd buy just to experiment, it is near the top of my list.

may i suggest a name change for this comment thread? it still shows up on my notification window as "Best Graphics Cards For The Money: January 2012".
how about changing the last bit to "June 2014"? :)

cleeve

Illustrious

Youre welcome, h2323. :)

But don't thank me, I just report the best deals on the market. Thank AMD's pricing strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.