sli Gtx 770 3 monitors

MaCCx

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
Hi I have two GTX 770 Asus 2Gb and I was wondering if I can have 3 monitors, if I can have 3 monitors where will I connect the 3 displays e.g. 2 displays in one graphics card and 1 display in the other.
I will like to multi task on all 3 displays and when I am gaming I will like to just play on the middle monitor.
the monitors are 23. inch

Solution
You don't need to have them all on the first although the 770 supports up to 4 on a single gpu using any port. Sli allows the other cards to output as long as it's the same port, so if you use dvi on the first you can use dvi on the second. This would help to not need adapters if you didn't have the right cables or if the monitors didn't have the right connections.

You don't need to use the nvidia control panel and you can do the same setting up from window's screen res options since you're not doing surround. As far as only playing on one, that monitor needs to be set as the main display, ie the one that has the taskbar.
You don't need to have them all on the first although the 770 supports up to 4 on a single gpu using any port. Sli allows the other cards to output as long as it's the same port, so if you use dvi on the first you can use dvi on the second. This would help to not need adapters if you didn't have the right cables or if the monitors didn't have the right connections.

You don't need to use the nvidia control panel and you can do the same setting up from window's screen res options since you're not doing surround. As far as only playing on one, that monitor needs to be set as the main display, ie the one that has the taskbar.

Solution