Solved

Need advice on what to get for a new monitor

Hi guys,
I have recently built a new system and i was wondering what monitor i should get. My budget is about £100-150 I plan to use it mainly for Gaming. Unfortunately i have little understanding of what to look for in a monitor but by looking through the other conversations I have seen two monitors that seem to be good monitors which are the ASUS VE247H and BenQ GL2450HM would really appreciate some feedback as what to get. Thanks :)
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about advice monitor
  1. The BenQ monitor is great but I would would rather have the Asus.
  2. They are both good monitors. However they are TN panels, which means your colors will not be crisp. IF you want brighter colors you want an IPS monitor, which is a bit more costly. I have personally used the Asus Ve227 (22" model) before and it served me well.
  3. n3cw4rr10r said:
    They are both good monitors. However they are TN panels, which means your colors will not be crisp. IF you want brighter colors you want an IPS monitor, which is a bit more costly. I have personally used the Asus Ve227 (22" model) before and it served me well.

    Hi thanks for the quick reply i just tried to put it in on Amazon and it doesn't come up any chance you could give a link ?
  4. VE228H. You are better off with the bigger monitor VE247H
  5. n3cw4rr10r said:

    Thank you so much but is it worth spending the extra money to get an IPS monitor and if so which one would you suggest?
  6. IPS = pretty.
  7. Best answer
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/MX239H-Widescreen-Multimedia-SonicMaster-Technology/dp/B00A4K9KVG/ref=sr_1_31?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1402087137&sr=1-31&keywords=ips. My wife has the MX279H (27") model beautiful colors. Slower response time but then she doesnt play games.
  8. n3cw4rr10r said:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/MX239H-Widescreen-Multimedia-SonicMaster-Technology/dp/B00A4K9KVG/ref=sr_1_31?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1402087137&sr=1-31&keywords=ips. My wife has the MX279H (27") model beautiful colors. Slower response time but then she doesnt play games.

    Thanks Man your a hero !!!!!! :)
  9. Jeff1234 said:
    n3cw4rr10r said:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/MX239H-Widescreen-Multimedia-SonicMaster-Technology/dp/B00A4K9KVG/ref=sr_1_31?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1402087137&sr=1-31&keywords=ips. My wife has the MX279H (27") model beautiful colors. Slower response time but then she doesnt play games.

    Thanks Man your a hero !!!!!! :)



    That monitor is very very sleek looking. It definitely stands out. Enjoy your monitor.
  10. Jeff1234 said:
    n3cw4rr10r said:

    Thank you so much but is it worth spending the extra money to get an IPS monitor and if so which one would you suggest?


    Yes because there should be more colours.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Monitors Graphics