Getting New Computer! Help Would Be Helpful!

Computer Poll Picker

• Total voters

The Gaming Manatee

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014
So basically, my mother is buying me a new computer and im very thrilled! (I'm 12)... Basically my maximum price of my budget is $1300-$1400! I definitely want a laptop. (but if there is nothing that can get what im asking for I'd be willing to get a desktop) Right now im looking at a battalion 101 W370SS Gaming Laptop from iBUYPOWER! I've been doing a lot of research and making sure it is right for me but I really haven't found the answers I've been looking for! So as you might've read from above, I want it to run the game Minecraft at 200+ fps (really I want 400+ but 200 would salvage) and I also want to be able to play Dayz at atleast 15+ fps (its a laggy game :/ ) The Battalion that im looking at is customizable and I left it as be except for I added 1tb on the main hard drive ( I might change it to 500) and 500 on the data hard drive.... so here is the part which I am most curious about .. how much fps do you average I will get on these games listed below with these specs listed below...

SPECS -----
Intel® Core™ i7-4810MQ Mobile Processor (4x 2.8GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
8GB [8GB x 1] 1600MHz DDR3 SO-DIMM Laptop Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 Video w/ NVIDIA Optimus [W370SS]
1 TB 7200rpm Super Slim Laptop Hard Drive OR 500 GB 7200rpm Super Slim Laptop Hard Drive
500 GB 5400rpm Super Slim Laptop Hard Drive <---- DATA hard drive
Windows 8.1 pro (not sure if that matters :D )

GAMES-----
1. Minecraft
2. Dayz
3. Gmod
4. Arma 2
5. Arma 3
6. Team Fortress 2
7. Minecraft with 100+ mods installed lol

thanks for reading and if you are a mod or admin or owner of this site I love your site and thanks for everything
Sincerely,
Mason Layfield :D

NBSN

Admirable
While you can find a pretty good laptop for that price that can play a lot of games decently...at 30+ fps, because the resolution for most laptops that would be in our budget would not be 1080p screens, so would not be 1080p resolution. If you plan on using a laptop for gaming, then when you take battery life into consideration you would need to be in a location that you could keep it charged.

Honestly, if you plan on taking a laptop everywhere with you, then get a laptop. But if you plan on gaming and using it mostly at home, then I would suggest building your own computer. For that budget you could build a great machine that could play all the games out at 1080p max settings and good fps (with a few exceptions such as poorly optimized games).