r9 270 dual x bsod atikmdag.sys

fizzlemcdizzle

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
I am about to give up tbh, i have been troubleshooting for hours on both windows 7 ultimate 64 and windows 8.1 pro and still havent figured it ouy, why do i keep getting this i even updated it manually and i still get the same bsod says my minidump:
On Mon 6/9/2014 6:00:18 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060814-24703-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x28ECE)
Bugcheck code: 0xA0000001 (0x5, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. CUSTOM_ERROR
This is the conclusion:
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)

this is a new build and i have been troubleshooting for hours i ran memtest to where about 6 gbs were tested (8 GB) and see no worries so what might be the problem i pulled an all nighter and am still troubleshooting. WHY AMD... sobs

fizzlemcdizzle

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
This is my build:
R9 270 sapphire dual x editioned non ocd yet
Amd Athlon x4 760k black ed.
EVGA 500 watt psu (This is more than enough)
8 GB of hyperx ram
MOBO: msi a55m-e33
Case nzxt source 210

fizzlemcdizzle

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
I am gonna see if this optional windows update fixs the atikmdag.sys bsod. Its for drivers for r9 200 series this is my last hope. I filled put an RMA and will send it back if this doesn't work. Sapphire had great assistance and will be replacing it with a 7870 GHz edition which is awesome. I will update with more info

RabbleRuh

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I am experiencing the same issue and I'm somewhat relieved that this is common among R9 270 users. I have downloaded your fixes and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS