• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

DescentMan

Honorable
Apr 16, 2014
Our work PCs are from 2007, and by no means powerhouses.

We use a lot of graphics art software along with having 5-10 other applications running, including MS Outlook. I am pretty sure we should have a decent video card in our next PCs when we upgrade. My boss says its only for gaming and no need to spend the extra money.

What do you guys think?

Kari

Splendid
well the integrated gpus have gotten a lot better in the past 7 years and unless your software supports GPU accelerating your boss could be right (albeit for the wrong reasons :D)

NateTheGreat1015

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
A video card, also known as a GPU, is an independent processor designed to handle graphics-intensive tasks (such as gaming, for instance). For most users, an integrated GPU (comes in the CPU) is enough. If you're gaming or doing any video editing or something like that, it'd be wise to get a video card. If the upgrade is a while away, I'd get the GPU now.

DescentMan

Honorable
Apr 16, 2014

Thanks guys.

When searching for a new PC, what specs should I pay more attention to besides RAM?
Any good deals out right now that you can point out?

Like I said we will need a PC that can handle Art Software, MS Outlook, and 5-10 other applications tabs running simulations.

NateTheGreat1015

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Your processor is important, because it handles normal tasks, which you'll need for the things you listed. You may also want a large HDD/SDD (storage space), because your work seems to require a lot of storage.