Does the ASUS GeForce GTX 760 (DC2OC-2GD5) offer a DisplayPort 1.2 output for 4K Monitors?

BeTheBall

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Hello, good people. I hope that all is well with you. Thank you in advance for any feedback and support you may offer in this regard.

Yep... the subject line says it all; I've been looking at the technical specifications offered on the ASUS website... the manual I received with my video card, etc. ... and have found nothing in regard to this specific notion.

My hope and goal is to determine if my ASUS GeForce GTX 760 (DC2OC-2GD5) video card offers a DisplayPort 1.2 output, and toward input to the new ASUS PB287Q 4K Monitor at 60Hz? Of course, I will be upgrading my video cards to better render 4K... I just don't want to pull the trigger on the purchase of the monitor if my current ASUS GeForce GTX 760 (DC2OC-2GD5) cards in 2 x SLI have no hope of hitting better than 30Hz.

Again, thank you, cheers and be well!

BeTheBall

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Excellent! I *very much* appreciate your help and feedback in this regard, sir. Even though some things would (or should) seem obvious, it's exactly this type of feedback that makes our community great. Further... you've basically made my month.

I will go one more: I plan to replace the 2 x SLI ASUS GTX 760 cards I mentioned in my original post with 2 X SLI ASUS GTX 780 TI DC2OC-3GD5... and, AND... here's the kicker; I have an Intel i7 4770 CPU on board... *not* the 4770K running. I have read many, many dozens of threads and reviews about them both, and opinions as to (if) having the "K" version will actually render more than 3% greater performance on frames per second to the "non-K". So it goes... I plan to upgrade to the 2 X GTX 780 TI's in SLI.

what are your thoughts? and, again... thank you, indeed.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Will want to be sure you have a PSU for the 780TIs, about an 8-850Watt, PSU - and I'd go with the K model, the ability to OC is great, my son built a 4770 and after using my older 4770K went out and upgraded to the K model (for rendering projects) and is much happier