Monitor on VGA out looks different that the one on HDMI out?

Adil Lalani

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
I received a second monitor today and when I plugged it into my PC, the monitor which is connected by VGA looks much different than the one that is connected via HDMI. By different I mean it looks much warmer than the HDMI one. My PC has intel hd graphics 2500 and the control panel recognizes one of the monitors(HDMI) as a digital tv and the other one just as a monitor. Can someone help?

Here are my pc specs -

3rd Generation Intel Core™ i5-3330 quad core processor 6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz, 2 DIMMs
1TB Hard Drive, 3.5-Inch, 7200rpm, SATA
Intel HD Graphics 2500

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
All else being equal the digital monitor should have the best display. But the quality of the monitor itself will make the most difference. Try adjusting the controls of the other monitor to get a "warmer" pic.

nocona_xeon

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012

This is just my personal preference: I have found using "ancient" top-quality-in-their-day 21" CRT's in a dual screen setup (span mode) works great for photography work. The photograph's image is always on the right CRT (the better one in my opinion) and the left CRT is for entering modification commands, retrieving other images, etc. Each CRT runs at 1600x1200x32bit@85Hz. An LCD to me looks a bit washed-out whereas a CRT's full-on red, for example, truly does look more accurate on the CRT and quite truly red. And isn't it true that LCD's cannot display all of the colors? I think I read about how tech review sites would state that such and such LCD brand/model can display 90% of the color gamut. A different one, 95%. Etc. The very, very best are very, very expensive but get even closer to 100%.

Also, when using my two 21" CRT setup, there is no way whatsoever to completely match-up the monitors. Even if they were production line unit #2444 and #2445. It will never look exact. You might try making one monitor use xxxxK color temperature and if you like that appearance, try to tune the other monitor to match and it may even have to run at a different color temperature than the first monitor. This is why really good photographers (not me) purchase these special devices that somehow calibrate the monitor for the most accurate color representation.

I'm watching Letterman and the blue color of the background appears almost glowing from radioactivity. The source is over-the-air ATSC HDTV on a 21" CRT.

LCD's do work awesome for the written word (I'm using my laptop now and not my "main machine" - the dual Xeon workstation). It uses too much power to be slowly typing text with it.

Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS