AMD Penom II X6 1045t STUCK ON ONE CORE (HELLPP)

az123

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
So I have finally finished upgrading my computer with a new motherboard which is the 'GA-78LMT-USB3' and a new CPU which is the 'AMD Phenom II X6 1045t'. But for some reason it is stuck on one core! Every time I go to System Configuration to see if I can change it, the number 1 is the only option. But when I go to Device Manager to check on the CPU, all 6 cores are right there! I'm really frustrated here, so please someone help me. I'm even willing to get teamviewed if that's a way you'd like to help me.

I also that a reason that this is happening is because I have gotten Windows 8.1 Pro for free with a KMS activitor. Probably something I shouldn't have said but I feel that I should put it out there. Thanks!

Vitric9

Distinguished
It may be because of the way Turbo works in the Phenom II processors. The Phenom II x6 will can use 1 or 2 cores at the Highest frequency by default and you can also change it to use all core I am pretty sure but at lower turbo speed. Or You may need to update BIOS

az123

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

Nope, I just updated the BIOS and I still don't get to choose how many cores I want to run at.

Vitric9

Distinguished
Did you try turning of Turbo Boost. I think in the BIOS you can do that with a Phenom II. I have not used a Phenom before but I have read a bit so forgive me if I do not have the AMD Phenom II lingo down.