Using integrated graphics and Dedicated to run 2 monitors?

TYLERisMiSfIt

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
i was wondering if i could use an HDMI on my dedicated graphics card which is currently running one monitor and plug in another HDMI to my motherboard where the integrated graphics is to run a 2nd monitor?

TYLERisMiSfIt

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

yeah i figured it was turned off, my dedicated does have 2 dvi and 1 DisplayPort, which one is better?

You can use the integrated and dedicated graphics at the same time. Just plug one monitor into the graphics card. Plug the other monitor(or TV) into your motherboard (that is only possible with motherboards with integrated graphics- some motherboards don't).

dutche99

Honorable
Apr 4, 2014

What GPU are you using? Are there any HDMI ports, or are you buying a converter? If your are buying a converter, DVI dual link is probably the simpler option. You can then plug in your HDMI splitter

This is a quote from smorizio June 10, 2014 9:40:21 PM. I thought it may be relevant here.

check in the nvidia control panel that your video card set to muilt monitor. with the known good monitor working see that the hdmi port on the video card is turned on and see if there a pc setting for your tv. if the min hdmi cable is not working pick up a dvi to hdmi cable if your video card has two ports. make sure you tell your local store your going to use the second dvi port as it has to be a different cable from the main dvi port.

TYLERisMiSfIt

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

i am using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 SC i was planning on getting a DVI to HDMI

TRENDING THREADS