Windows 7 freezes at "Starting Windows" stage after installing nvidia driver

Layman806

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Code:
I changed my motherboard today(G41 express chipset famiy) and so performed a fresh install of windows 7. Before installing nvidia drivers, it starts up, loads (without aero effects) and the graphics card is enlisted as Standard VGA device or something in the device manager...       Then I download & install the latest drivers from nvidia's website. After restarting the computer, the problem arises, everything fine until now, as animation is shown... It freezes right there... No more movement or scrambing... Waited for half an hour and still no show... Then I restart the machine.

Now I start it using safe mode. Yay! That works!! 

I uninstall the nvidia display driver and after that it starts in normal mode after restart.

I try an old version of the driver, version 267.85, 32-bit, still no avail...

What can be the possible issue? I cannot change my PSU coz I do not have another...
Does anyone have any idea? Pls repy fast...

:::Config::: 
450Watt PSU,
G41 motherboard,
Intel Pentium D E5400 Wolfdale processor(@2.7Ghz),
2GBx1 DDR3 ram,
Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 graphic card(Asus Silent edition),
using via 17"CRT monitor-VGA (or should i try an LED with HDMI)

UPDATE: Removing the graphics card out and using the on-board graphics to connect to Monitor(CRT) when nvidia driver is installed, doesn't help either... :/ :(  ;(

plivin89

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
It is probably just an issue with the driver, I have the gtx 760 and I had to wait for an update because my machine would not boot properly.

plivin89

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
It is probably just an issue with the driver, I have the gtx 760 and I had to wait for an update because my machine would not boot properly.

Layman806

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
@clutchc, I know that the card isn't defective because I used it on a friend's computer and in mine, ubuntu runs fine...
@plivin89, I installed the latest drivers from nvidia website... I also tried ones provided in the cd Asus gave(old).

Layman806

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Yes, its a pci-e 1.1 x16 slot but I had no problem with the card when I was using it with the previous g41 chipset, which got burnt, according to the local repairing personnel due to a fault in the PSU which he installed...

Could it be like the card got burnt components too, even though it displays fine without an nvidia driver, or could it be a bios issue?? Its running with the latest bios update(it seems)...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Try this; uninstall the Nvidia driver again and run Driver Sweeper from safe mode. http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html
Have it remove any remnants of Nvidia and AMD graphic drivers it finds. Reboot and let Window Update find its own Nvidia driver. It may take a while for Win Update to finally decide you need one. That driver will be just the raw driver, not extras. See how that works for you.

But since you had a PSU fail with that card installed, there's always that chance that if the chipset failed catastrophically, it could have damaged the card via the PCIe X16 slot the chipset controls. However, I would not think that was your problem since the card works with a generic driver.