Best laptop for multimedia work and gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jereh

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
hey guys! i'm thinking of what laptop to buy for (school) work and gaming; my school suggests every student a mac pro retina but mac sucks when it comes to gaming. :/ (and it's relatively stupid because we have a "mac room" in school that uses bootcamp. than mac OS. It's like they prefer mac for the eyecandy but windows in everything else)

and.. I don't really have a desktop because I need the laptop more (I take it to school)

So i'm going to buy a new laptop next week.. Can anyone give me any suggestions that would fit "multimedia work and gaming"

multimedia work consists of: the ubiquitous photoshop, video editing, graphic design, mobile apps and software creation, game design, web design, programming, rendering and all that jazz.

gaming: *next-gen games* (if possible medium to maxed out graphics); if not current-gen (med-maxed) and next-gen (low-med)

I prefer performance than battery life because It's basically gonna be plugged in anyway even whenever I use it in class. And hopefully it would still be a "decent" laptop for 2-4 years from now.
-----
can anyone provide the laptop name specs and price? (i'm not much of a techie :<; price isn't an issue but it would be best if it is reasonable, so my bank account wouldn't cry that much. teehee) Please and thank you! :*

and is it upgradable or something like that...

bistwo

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Any laptop that you can get that will be reasonable for carrying around campus isn't going to max out games. Check out this article on gaming ultrabooks. These will be light and small for carrying around campus and can play some games too.

http://www.ultrabookreview.com/2071-best-gaming-ultrabooks/

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Alienware, MSI and ASUS ROG are all upgradeable to where they can be close to 4000.00. With that configuration your can get raid SSD drives, SLI graphics, 32 gb of ram.

You can max out an Alienware with 4 256 SSD's Raid 1 or 0. 32 GB of ram and top of the line ATI or Nvidia SLI GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.