Status
Not open for further replies.

danny2014uk

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
USB 3 PROBLEM

Hi all,
I've just brought a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard, i've fitted it and installed Windows 8.1, everything was working fine, i also fitted a USB 3 card reader, (EVO LABS E-8343.0)
The USB port worked, each card slot worked fine. (card reader is internal and hooks up to the motherboard)

Until...
I installed the motherboard drivers, now i've installed them the card reader won't work, it will sometimes if i plug a mouse into it's USB port a few times, also the same thing with the USB 3 ports on the back, they work sometimes but not others.

However, if i disconnect the front panel USB 3 card reader, the USB 3 on the back works fine again.

So i'm guessing it's a driver problem, i've downloaded upto date USB driver (for the rev 5 i have black printed circuit) and i've done a Windows update and i've done a bios update. but still no joy.

Anyone else had this problem? and does anyone know how to fix it?

danny2014uk

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
Hi Calvin thanks for the link, i'd already tried that but it didn't make any difference,

But i've fixed it now, in device manager, under USB 2 hub and USB 3 hub in the properties it said allow Windows to power save or something, so i unticked it, clicked apply and since then everything working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.