Need Help Selecting Next Upgrade

caseycrowder

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
Looking to upgrade my system and I am looking for some advice as to which direction to go next
I had just finished building my first PC a few months ago and at the time I created a budget build. I have a bit of extra cash now, and I'm pondering what my next steps should be to improve my computer's performance overall.
here is my setup:
Samsung 840 EVO-series 500gb SSD
Kingston Hyper-x 8gb DDR3 Ram (x4)
amd fx-6300 6 core processor black edition
ASUS m5a97 r2.0 motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 650ti 1GB graphics card

I also have a terrabyte hard drive and a 600w power supply (not that those really matter)
I appreciate any feedback, opinions or advice. Thanks for your time guys

Well first I have to ask what your main uses for the computer are? But, I would say that your GPU is your weakest link. And your CPU is probably not far behind. But you can overclock the 6300 quite a lot and get better performance. So I would get a new GPU and overclock the 6300. You will need an after market CPU cooler though. You should be able to get it up to 4.5Ghz though without a problem.

caseycrowder

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
Ah yes sorry I forgot to include that, I mainly use my computer for graphically intense video games. Gotta say it bugs me whenever I can't run a game in 60 fps haha. I was looking at gpus definitely, I hear that the 700 series often have compatibility issues. I'm not sure how accurate that is though