Building a New PC with about $1200

Nukedemhoes

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
So I was going to get a loan for a new motorcycle but since I have no credit record my loan will surely be rejected... So why not start my credit history with smaller loans like money for a new gaming PC right?

Well then, my budget is about $1200 and I was planing on getting something with components from Intel and Nvidia (since they're my favorites), but my cousin convinced me to join the AMD side; he says that I can get the most from my money with AMD since they got better prices and almost the same performance.

So far I've found this components for my build in some sites over the net but now that I'm thinking on getting AMD components I'm back from the beginning :??:

CPU........................Intel Core i5-4670K
Motherboard..........ASUS Z87-Plus
Memory..................8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz Low Profile
GPU.......................MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB
Case......................Corsair Carbide Series 300R
Boot Drive..............Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
Optical Drive..........OEM DVD Drive or OEM Blu Ray Drive
PSU.......................Corsair TX-650M
CPU Cooler...........Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

I am also not into the SSD HDD yet, so if you guys can recoment a good SATA HDD that'd be great!

So what do you guys think? Is it a good idea to switch to AMD? If so witch build do you guys think I should use? (if it isn't too much to ask).

I should mention that I'm not into video editing, I just want a future-proof gaming machine. To be frank I'm really tired of filling "Can You Run it" apps before getting a game to see If I can play it in ultra low settings...

That been said I just want to thank you guys for taking the time to read and I will really appreciate any suggestion you guys make and by the way I new here, nice to meet y'all! :hello:

Your cousing is leading you to the dark side. :) For $1,200 you're firmly in the area where an Intel Core i5 can beat the pants off anything AMD can field.

And for that price, also get the SSD. You really and truly won't regret it.