Solid Gaming/Work desktop 1800-2.5kish area

Zeroheart

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
I'll start by saying, I looked through the forums for a person with a similar build topic, but didn't find any. If there is one, if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I'm looking to build a Desktop that is kind of an all-around computer. I like to play FPS's at high res 1440p, yet I also love playing MMO's & games like Dungeon Defenders at the same time on multiple screens. I'll generally run somewhere between 3-6 boxes at a time when playing that type of game.

Relating to work ideally i'd like to be running 6 screens. ( i already have the monitors so that is irrelevant to the price). I'll be using some CPU intensive processes, generally multiple ones at the same time, so i can take full advantage of 4+cores.

I hope that is specific enough, I've been looking into processors And the 4820k & 4930k have caught my eye. & potentially the 4770k. I'm leaning towards the first two as they are on the newer socket type LG 2011, and will provide for easier upgrading in the future. Also it would maybe help with triple SLI? Which brings me to the next point.

Would it be better to have a high end graphics card? or two or three? My initial thought is that three lower end cards I.E. a GTX 760 or 750 or 770 would be better than one or two 780's. I'm saying that not to triple SLI them persay but so that each one can be responsible for running it's own monitor or two.

I've looked into AMD processors for the extra core's for work however i feel that the single processor performance drop is too much for when I do single CPU heavy tasks.

If you guys could shed some insight on what options would probably fit best that would be great. Also some parts that can go along with them, mobo's RAM PSU cases, etc. That would be great.

Graphiicz

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

Do you want to overclock?

Zeroheart

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
Overclocking is preferred, and can i run 6 monitors with only 2 graphics cards?

The goal is to have the best spread out graphics power I.E. 3 gaming monitors (each with a different game) & processing power & model generating ability (CPU/RAM).

I'm pretty confident that I can run most of the FPS games on today's market with a single 770 or 780.