Will buying a new router help?

twcstuff

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
Hello,

I am with TELUS in Canada and I currently have the "fastest" plan they have to offer, which is 55mbps DL and 10mbps UL. I NEVER get any speeds near that. I live in a brand new area and know for a fact i have optic lines running to my building, each unit actually (so I'm told). TELUS supplies you with an Actiontec V1000H router and I'm not sure if its just shitty router or i'm an idiot, cause I MAYBE get 3mbps. So I'm looking into getting a new, faster router. I'm told that TELUS does not like third party routers and the only way to do this is to follow this article. Will this indeed allow me to get better speeds if I purchase a router such as this one. Or am i spending money i don't need to?

Pooneil

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Since you have new service and are using their supplied equipment, you should call them to report bad service. It is their responsibility to provide you the service you are billed for. However as a USAican, I have no experience with Telus so.....

USAFRet

Titan

Then contact your provider before spending any money on a new router. There is no reason you should be seeing that much disparity.
It may well be some issue on their end.