CPU Fans Not Spinning And LED's Flashing

Madfighter27

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
Hello, I built a new PC recently and have a problem I haven't been able to solve. I have a Corsair H100i with the stock fans removed and replaced by Cooler Master Megaflows Red LED fans. When I first turned the PC on, I was able to get into the bios and everything was working, light on the H100i was on and the fans were fine, then I turned the PC off and back on. I had a couple problems with wires not plugged in correctly, and after fixing that the fans no longer spin and the LED's blink about once a second.

When I boot the PC, the Corsair logo on the pump lights up normally, and the LED lights on the fans stay on but the fan doesn't spin, then after a few seconds the pump light turns off and the lights on the fans start to blink. My build is:

CPU:i7 4770k
Asus Maximus VII Hero (Z97 Chipset Board)
PSU:Corsair RM750
GPU:GTX 780 TI
RAM:G.SKill Ripjaws 16gb 1866Mhz
Storage:Samsung 250gb SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.
(Note: I have tried installing Corsair Link but the fans just doesn't show up, and I have done the Windows 8.1 fix.)

Madfighter27

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014

I have it plugged in as it normally should. The fans are plugged into the Y splitter that comes with the h100i and it connects to the pump. I've tried plugging the fans into the motherboard but all that happens is the LED's on the fans stay on, but as the PC boots to windows I get a "CPU Fan Error" message. Only way it boots is when I use the Y splitter.

Corsair Link also just today recognized that I have a H100i installed, so now I can monitor the pump and radiator. Still nothing on the fans in the program though.

Madfighter27

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
Okay, so the light on the pump is now on, but now it's flashing, and the flashing is now matched up with the fans. I've tried going through the bios to try and see if there's any way to get the fans to stop flashing, but I haven't had any luck. Corsair Link shows that I have a H100i, but doing anything to the LED doesn't change. I set it to blue but that color only shows up when the PC first turns on, which is when the lights on both the fans and pump stay on, but the fans don't move.

I plugged the fans into the motherboard it self the other day, and what seemed to be happening is the fans LED's are on, but still don't spin up. And the system doesn't boot, I just get a "CPU Fan Error" and and can press F1 to go into set up. Would really like some help on this as it's bugging me that these two are the only things not working properly on the system.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Are you following the hookup as outlined in the H1000i manual? The pump's 3 wire connector must be plugged into a MB header that is not variable speed. Don't use the CPU FAN header unless you set the CPU to full speed in BIOS. The pump needs to be running at +12V all the time. I usually use an uncontrolled CHA FAN header.

TRENDING THREADS