Help Needed, AMD or Nvidia card?

AMD or Nvidia or Wait

• Total voters

Lolechi

Reputable
Jun 14, 2014
Hi,

A few days ago I started getting errors when I play BF3 and other games. The error is about Nvidia drivers or modules crashing.
I went to my friends house to play and he didn't have any crashes, but he had an AMD card.

Now I wonder is I should switch to AMD? My budget is tops $226 or a bit more if pushed. Which AMD card should I get? Should I get an AMD or just stick with Nvidia?

Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-2300
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-S2PV
Windows x64

I am not looking to order things from Amazon.com, from my local shops I can afford a GTX 750/ 750 Ti or an Radeon R9 270/ 270X

If you have another card in mind within my budget,post it!

Thanks!

You are getting driver errors so you are going to change your hardware? If the CD player in your car dies do you replace the engine?

Start with purging the nVidia drivers from your system and reinstalling them. If you recently updated your drivers roll back to the last version that worked well for you. If you swap out the hardware there is no guarantee that you will solve the problem anyway, so unless you specifically want to be able to get more FPS swapping the graphics card gets you nowhere useful.