ASUS GTX 780 ti Matrix Platinum....where is it?

Alexkaneaster

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012
This card was reviewed several months ago and Asus made a lot of noise about it....so where is it? Does anyone know something I don't? It's as if it fell off the face of the earth. The great google doesn't even seem to know. I was planning on getting a couple 780 ti classifieds, but wanted to wait until this actually hit to make sure since they seem like equatable cards. Asus seems to be pushing back a lot of their stuff recently, like the rog swift pg278q....but they bothered mentioning that. It's like Asus has forgotten about this card. Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Production delays maybe?

Alexkaneaster

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012

That first link is just an overview. It's been up for several months. No mention of when the card will be available to buy in the US. Is it normal for review cards to be sent out, but retail cards don't hit for 4-6 months? Seems weird it's for sale in the UK, but not anywhere else. The wait is "usually 1-2 months" on amazon uk anyways. Guess I'll just go with classifieds. Just wanted to give asus a chance to take my money rather than evga.

Alexkaneaster

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012
Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I finally got an email back from ASUS saying they had no plans for a US release for the gtx 780 ti matrix platinum. Good luck getting it anywhere else. Amazon UK has them in stock, in that you have to wait several months to get one. HUGE disappointment here. I've wanted this card since March.

NBSN

Admirable
Oh wow, that sucks. Well, I do already have an EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC w/ACX so no big deal. But that does show to be a trend of trying to expand pc components in non NA countries, offering different products to lure in more sales in regions like that.