[REOPEN] Is this a good GPU, for the price?, Please Help!

Chad Fisher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
So i want to buy a new GPU, as my 7750 is outdated and only can play many games at low... So, i would like to upgrade to this GPU http:// the Evga GTX 750ti Superclocked. The price for me would be £90, What a bargain!

Do you think this is good and i should get it?. Thanks :D

oxiide

Distinguished
It would work fine with that system.

I'm not sure if the price is good or not because I'm unfamiliar with prices in the UK, but I will say you should compare the price of the 750 Ti to similarly performing cards such as the Radeon R7 265 and Geforce GTX 650 Ti and not pay much more for it than those. The GTX 660 may also be priced comparably.

Chad Fisher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Well this price is great, my 7750 cost £90 ($152) and this GTX 750Ti SUPERCLOCKED is only £90 ($152) So i think i might go for it. Game benchmarks are great and overall it fits in my case, PSU is good enough. etc

The 750ti doesn't need external power :)

£90 for new is a good price, £90 for second hand is pretty average. But yeah it's a good match for your CPU and will be a big improvement

oxiide

Distinguished
Actually, as per the results of this review, it looks like the R7 265 is faster than the 750 Ti pretty much all the time.

So you'd want the GTX 750 Ti if you needed an ultra-low power card that needs no extra PCIe power cables. I don't think that's your situation.

Chad Fisher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
So for the same price as the 750Ti Should i get the R7 265 OC ?

But is there much difference? and that on the 750ti you dont need a power connector sooo...

Ive seen loads of videos benchmarks etc about the 750ti but none about the R7 265...

But the EVGA GTX 750Ti is "Superclocked" so it is faster

oxiide

Distinguished

The review I linked shows the difference between the two across a number of games. It is, at times, very meaningful.

If you are able to power the R7 265 (you've got the connector, etc.), then it doesn't matter what the GTX 750 Ti needs. The GTX 750 Ti is best for people who can't power a better card.

EVGA's "Superclocked" monicker means that they have overclocked the card by a meager 25-80 MHz. That's something you can do to your own card with free software. Its the same thing they're doing to it, but then charging you a premium for it as well. Even so, judging by this benchmark data, an overclocked GTX 750 Ti probably still cannot catch a stock R7 265.

Look, its up to you what you want to do. If you're happier or more comfortable with the GTX 750 Ti, I won't steer you away from it. But the R7 265 is the faster card for a better price and that's hard to argue against.

oxiide

Distinguished
Yes. The only downside is slightly higher power consumption in the R7 265, but as long as you've got the PCIe power cables you need, that doesn't matter. Even with the R7 265, your system will probably draw less than half of your 500 W.

oxiide

Distinguished
I'm pretty sure all GCN-based AMD cards are compatible with Mantle, so that includes all R-series cards, HD 7000's and I think even HD 6000's.

All Radeon cards use the same unified driver.