Sign in with
Your question

6-Monitor Stock Trading & Gaming System ($3k Budget)

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Social Media
  • Monitors
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 16, 2014 1:23:25 PM

Hello,

I am an active trader, and have recently made day trading my full-time job. As of now I have been working off a 17" laptop, which has served its purpose, but is no longer efficient to use and is really restricting my ability to make quick trades.

At any time I might have as many as 10-15 internet browsing windows open (chat rooms, social media, news sites, forums) as well as my trading platform, where I am constantly looking at different charts throughout the day.

I want to have one monitor dedicated to my web surfing, one monitor dedicated to my trading platform main screen (watchlists, scanners, portfolio position), and the other four monitors will each have a separate stock ticker with multiple time-frame charts with live quotes, level 2, time and sales, etc.

I don't do allot of gaming, but if I am going to have a nice 6-monitor set-up I would like to have the option of playing anything I want.

As of right now I will have to dedicate about $3k to the monitors and the monitor-stand alone, so I would like to spend no more than $3k on the computer itself. My only requirements is that it works very fast with absolutely no chance of any kind of crashing while I am trading. I also need very reliable WiFi.

I would greatly appreciate any help. I am not sure what kind of requirements/restrictions come into play when having a multi-monitor station, but I know that I am out of my realm here. Thanks in advance for any help!

Here is what I have come up with so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LgFxbv

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Next three months

BUDGET RANGE: $3,000

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Used primarily for stock trading, then gaming

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitors, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg/Tiger Direct, but am open to anything

PARTS PREFERENCES: Don't care

OVERCLOCKING: Probably not

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe, it depends if it's needed to run multiple monitors.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: As high as possible as the system will run 6 monitors at 1200p

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The system needs to support 6 monitors each running multiple streaming charts

More about : monitor stock trading gaming system budget

a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
June 16, 2014 1:47:11 PM

I would suggest you find a way to have your pc wired to the network. Wireless isnt nearly as secure.
June 16, 2014 1:53:43 PM

popatim said:
I would suggest you find a way to have your pc wired to the network. Wireless isnt nearly as secure.

As of right now I am not sure if I will be able to have an ethernet cable attach to my computer, so I am just planning on having to run WiFi as of right now.

I do agree with you, and will do so if the situation allows me to.
Related resources
June 17, 2014 6:10:53 AM

bump!
June 17, 2014 9:46:00 AM

Anyone?
June 17, 2014 3:09:17 PM

Bumpidy Bump. You guys rock, I know you can help me out!!!!
!