New Build-No Display, No Beeps

arrouiz

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
Got my parts today, hooked them up, everything powers up, fans, green lights, etc, but no display.

Asus m5a97 LE R2.0
AMD FX 8320
Asus Geforce GTX 750Ti
Raidmax RX-530SS PSU
G.Skill 3x4GB (only one hooked up right now)

All the case wires are hooked up including the one that says "HD Audio" which I assume is the speaker (my first build in years). PSU is at 115V, plugged in to motherboard in both places, tried booting with and without GPU. No display with VGA or HDMI, no beeps. Tried moving the jumper and taking out the battery as it said in the motherboard manual.

On the bright side the blue LED fan looks awesome. My new business computer is a glorified nightlight. Is something defective or am I doing something wrong?

There is a troubleshooting guide at the beginning of the system forum . Read it .

Some problems with your build though
The LE motherboard works but its too budget for overclocking . This might not be important to you

The raidmax psu is a poor unit . Its not good enough to supply good stable voltages that modern processors need . Only an 80+ bronze or better unit can do that

The RAM you have is probably a triple channel kit designed for ancient intel socket 1366 processors . It will have a voltage rating of 1.65 volts . Ideally you should be using 1.5 volt RAM . And since the cpu only supports dual or single channel installing all 3 sticks will force you in to single channel and you may lose some performance

arrouiz

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
Got it running, it was the ram. I think I managed to order the ONLY g.skill chips incompatible with my motherboard.