HDMI pins "pulled in"

Nitko Nemam

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
So I inspected my HDMI out on my video card and it turns out that some of the pins are "pulled in" , "pushed in" . They are NOT aligned. They are not bent just not aligned, most of them are fine but 4 or 5 are almost half way pushed in.

b9hmcl.png

This is regular hdmi layout. Below is my:
28u1gmo.png

Green represent my pins that are not aligned and that are pushed back. Red line marks the individual pins. Lower picture is view from above. As you can see my pins are not aligned.

Anyone had similiar issue? How did you solve it? Any suggestions?

Nitko Nemam

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

So it should be like that? But on my hdtv player all pins are aligned (maybe +-0.5mm) and on my videocard its like 2-3mm. Also my monitor wont work with hdmi (cable and monitor both working, 99% sure its not softvare issue because I tried everything)

Nitko Nemam

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

I think I was wrong. I just cant get my monitor to work. Even if pins are a bit pushed they would still be connected when I insert cable.Pins that I saw pushed are 16, 12, 10, 8, and 6. And that maybe only half way in. So its not my monitor, not cable and not hdmi output. What could it be with the softvare? Should I change some parameters? I will RMA on friday but until then I will try to fix it.

Nitko Nemam

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

But win7 recognized my monitor (correct maximum refresh rate and maximum resolution). Even correct hardvare id. It is listed as "generic php monitor" in device manager under monitors. But I gues only one pin is neded for that and that by chance is not pushed in.

Nitko Nemam

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
Well I found my old graphic card (gt 220) and connected both monitors to VGA and HDMI and it is working! So it is definitely hdmi out on my HD 7750. I tried "pulling" pins out but it is too small and did not make it. I am going to shop to see if they can fix it.

Nitko Nemam

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
Well hell I RMA the card and after all this time I got it back today and they said "We could not find the problem. HDMI output is working fine over here"
:fou: