24" IPS vs BenQ VA LED under $250

itmondsply

Reputable
May 2, 2014
I'm looking for a new 24" monitor with great color reproduction, low response/input lag, preferably at least 3000:1 static contrast ratio (like the BenQ GW2460HM - but it's only available in Europe), that I'll be able to overclock, even if just mildly. It'll mainly be used for gaming with MOBA and FPS games, but also for watching the occasional movie. I did consider the 27" Korean monitors, but because I'm only running 1 Sapphire r9 290 Tri-X I'm worried that I won't be able to run it at 1440 with ultra settings anyway; I'm also worried that, with my luck, I'll get the one crappy display out of the batfh I'll be running with the i7-4790k also. I've been looking for FAR too long and need help deciding on which way to go from people with experience with these panels. I also intend to go to Micro Center to check them out for myself. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

emdea22

Distinguished
If you're a gamer fu** ips and go with VA. I love my 24" ips LG monitor, but its shit for gaming even tho its response time is very good for an ips.
VA has better response time, better contrast and is just a better choice for gaming imo

itmondsply

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Thanks for the response, I was looking at the GW2450HM - it has a 5000:1 static contrast ratio, but is pretty dated by now. Do you have any more recent VA models worth considering?

TRENDING THREADS